Terms and Conditions
Quinton Cavendish Ltd (t/a StyleStore) reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you and any changes will take effect on the day they are posted. Any such changes will be posted on this section of the website and your continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to be bound by the prevailing terms and conditions. You will be requested to read and accept these terms and conditions every time you place an order. For this reason we encourage you to review them whenever you use this website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. We also recommend to all our customers to print and retain a copy of the terms and conditions for future reference.
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us by email email@example.com or call us on 01494 431200 between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
A. PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS
1. Creating the Contract
1.1 You place an order on the website by selecting an item and following the instructions.
1.2 You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input error in your order up until you click the Submit Order button.
1.3 After you have submitted your order you will receive an order acknowledgement e-mail from us. Please note that this e-mail is an acknowledgement and not acceptance of your order.
1.4 If you are paying by credit card, we will authorise your debit or credit card payment. If you are paying by cheque, we will deposit your cheque on the first working day after we receive it.
1.5 Once payment has been authorised, or your cheque has cleared, and we have determined the availability of stock we will contact you to arrange delivery of the goods to you.
- 2.1 If you have chosen to pay by cheque, once your order is received we will deposit your cheque. Once the cheque has been cleared for payment, we will begin processing your order.
- 2.2 We will advise you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason or if your cheque has failed to clear. We may then invite you to pay by another method.
- 2.3 All prices and charges on this website are quoted in UK pounds. The price you pay for your order is that price which is displayed on the website. Prices include VAT unless otherwise stated but exclude delivery charges. Delivery charges are calculated as part of the checkout process.
3. Security and Clearing
- 3.1 All credit and debit card payments that are made on our website are protected by a secure connection. This secure connection ensures that your credit and debit card information is encrypted prior to it being transferred to the bank for authorisation.
- 3.2 As an additional security means, no credit or debit card details are stored once your order has been processed.
4. Delivery of Goods to you (Installation not included)
- 4.1 We will deliver the goods you have ordered to the address you give us for delivery.
- 4.2 We aim to deliver your furniture within the time quoted on our website when you place your order. If circumstances change, we will contact you. If, however, it is delayed due to circumstances beyond our control, then we cannot accept any liability for consequential loss.
- 4.3 The delivery times quoted on the website are for delivery to postcodes which fall within our normal delivery areas. Should your postcode fall outside our normal delivery area, delivery times may vary. We will inform you of this when confirming acceptance of your order.
- 4.4 You will become the owner of the goods (and be liable for the loss or destruction of the goods) at the time of delivery, provided that we have received payment in full for the goods.
- 4.5 All deliveries are a ‘signed for service’. This means that our driver will only deliver the goods if there is someone to sign for and accept the delivery. The recipient must check the goods to confirm that the products have been received in good order.
- If there is nobody available when our driver tries to deliver your order you will need to contact us to rearrange another delivery time. This will incur an additional delivery charge.
5. Access to the Destination Room
- 5.1 Before placing an order, please check that the items of furniture will fit through any passages, stairwells, landings and doorways on the way to the destination room.
- 5.2 Should you have any concerns over access, then please note them on the comments box on the order or contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or on Tel: 01494 431200 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
6. Damaged or Defective Goods
- 6.1 Every effort will be made to ensure that the goods you have ordered arrive undamaged and without defect.
- 6.2 In the event of a faulty product you must notify us in writing (post or email) within seven days of delivery. We will arrange a repair or replacement or refund.
7. Order Cancellation:
- 7.1 All our products are manufactured or bought to order and we are therefore unable to refund payments if you just change your mind. There may be circumstances where we would be able to purchase the goods back from you but this would obviously be at a reduced price and subject to individual negotiations. The goods would need to be repackaged in the original packaging, delivery costs (including insurance) to be incurred by the customer.
8. Conformity of Goods:
- 8.1 We take every care to ensure that the description and specification of our products are correct at the time of going to press. However, while the colour reproduction of the products is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the browser software or computer system used by you.
Data Protection and Privacy
Information you provide to us remains confidential. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and, secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. You specifically authorise us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties (including, but not limited to, your debit or credit card number), to authenticate your identity, to validate your debit or credit card and to authorise the transaction. You acknowledge that you consent to the processing of such information.
B. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The contents (including images, designs, logos, text written and other material) of this Website is the copyright trademark or registered trademark of Quinton Cavendish Ltd (t/a StyleStore) You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us. You may not copy, reproduce, change, modify, license, transmit or sell any material or content contained herein and you are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
Quinton Cavendish Ltd (t/a StyleStore) is providing this Website on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to this Website, or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, Quinton Cavendish Ltd makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information on this Website. The information contained in this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Quinton Cavendish Ltd (t/a StyleStore) howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither Quinton Cavendish Ltd (t/a StyleStore) nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Quinton Cavendish Ltd (t/a StyleStore) accepts no liability for any information or content contained in external third party websites which link to or from this Website.
Notwithstanding the a foregoing, none of these exclusions and limitations are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of employees and/or agents.
6th December 2007